Adjunct- Occupational Therapy- Doctoral Capstone Project
New York Institute of Technology offers 90 undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in more than 50 fields of study, including computer science, data, and cybersecurity; biology and biomedical studies; architecture and design; engineering; health professions and medicine; IT and digital technologies; management; communications and marketing; education and counseling; and energy and sustainability. A nonprofit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institute of higher education, it welcomes more than 9,000 students worldwide. The university has campuses in New York City and Long Island, New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as programs around the world.
New York Tech embraces its mission to provide career-oriented professional education, give all qualified students access to opportunity, and support research and scholarship that benefits the larger world. More than 100,000 alumni comprise an engaged network of doers, makers, and innovators prepared change the world, solve 21st-century challenges, and reinvent the future.
For more information, visit nyit.edu.
The Department of Occupational Therapy in the School of Health Professions of the New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) seeks an adjunct Instructor/Assistant/Associate Professor to mentor students in their Doctoral Capstone project. We are seeking an individual with an entry-level or post-professional doctorate in occupational therapy who is interested in helping strengthen and advance our occupational therapy program. The adjunct faculty will be responsible for the mentoring entry-level doctoral students in their capstone pursuits. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, supporting, advising, and evaluating a student capstone work product, advising students on developing individual goals and objectives, and helping students advance their capstone project. Rank of Instructor, Assistant or Associate Professor level will be based on an individuals qualifications and experience.
- Terminal academic degree preferred. Candidates should possess a doctoral degree in Occupational Therapy, Rehabilitative Sciences or a related field. Candidates near their completion of a doctorate will be considered.
- Must be licensed or eligible for licensure as an occupational therapist in the New York State and NBCOT certification.
- Minimum of five years of professional practice experience is required.
- Experience supervising Level I and Level II occupational therapy students.
- A current and valid drivers license and reliable personal transportation.
- Academic teaching experience (live face-to-face and online).
- Provide student advisement, guidance, and support with capstone process.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellent leadership and a strong potential for applied scholarship and service in healthcare.
- Superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills needed for working with diverse stakeholders.
- Must have expertise in the area of pediatrics, physical disabilities, community-based practice, or mental health.
- Applicant should be proficient with computer technology and possess strong organization, problem-solving, and counseling skills.
- Participate to the development of the department (e.g., accreditation; admissions and other tasks)
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) offers 90 degree programs, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees, in more than 50 fields of study, including architecture and design; arts and sciences; education; engineering and computing sciences; health professions; management; and medicine. A non-profit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institution of higher education, NYIT has more than 9,000 students worldwide. Since 1955, NYIT has pursued its mission to: Provide career-oriented professional education, give all qualified students access to opportunity, and support research and scholarship that benefit the larger world.
Applicants should submit their curriculum vitae, cover letter with a statement of your philosophy on fieldwork education, research interests, and the names, telephone numbers and email addresses of 3 references.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Please submit cover letter & resume for consideration
New York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
To apply, visit https://careers-nyit.icims.com/jobs/2404/adjunct--occupational-therapy---doctoral-capstone-project/job?in_iframe=1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency