Administrative Project Manager, Penn Nursing
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Administrative Project Manager, Penn Nursing
Job Profile Title
Manager Research Project C
Job Description Summary
A new Center called The Artificial Intelligence and Technology Collaboratory for Healthy Aging at the School of Nursing is seeking a Project Manager as part of a NIH funded multi-year Center grant (P30). The candidate will be directly involved with the daily operations of the Center, communication and dissemination activities, reporting, strategic planning as well as tracking and planning Center activities and overseeing human subjects approval processes for pilot awardees. He/she will be responsible for assuring project milestones are met and work as part of a larger team of researchers across campus as well as pilot grant awardees from industry and other academic settings. He/she will facilitate communication between all the Cores, other stakeholders and community sites, internal and external advisory boards and ensure that documentation and reporting requirements are followed throughout the project.
This position will develop relationships with internal and external project partners and is expected to extend beyond existing projects over time. The position will require the candidate to work on dissemination activities (including a newsletter, organization of webinars and other informational sessions), collection of performance data required for reporting, oversight of budget activities. Responsibilities also include serving as a liaison between the PI and the rest of the team (including the Penn team, other investigators, study staff, consultants, a national coordinating center and the NIH), managing and monitoring operations and timelines and communicating with the Institutional Review Board, and working with the PI and grants manager to manage the grant budget, review invoices and submit purchase orders. The person in this position plays a significant role in senior management of all research activities while supporting the Principal Investigator with development of operating policies, budgets, action and communication plans. A high level of independence, attention to detail, familiarity with health services research, and strong communication skills are expected. Other duties as assigned. Perform these tasks with minimal supervision after initial training.
Campus and Public Relations
- Manage the Center's website and update content regularly
- Manage, solicit, and publish articles and posts from the Center and its core leadership in a timely manner to ensure all information regarding core activities is up-to-date.
- Manage all social media outreach efforts, sharing information about activities, events, and program resources.
- Create web and social media resources to support annual national competition.
- Organize monthly newsletter together with the Principal Investigator
- Provide logistical support for all meetings, trainings, events, workshops, and activities conducted by the center, including coordinating and planning the Center annual meeting as well as meetings with the Advisory Boards.
- Work with the Principal Investigator to create a lecture/webinar series and coordinate speakers.
- Build partnerships with industry stakeholders to disseminate activities of the Center.
Regulatory Compliance and Research Oversight - Oversees grant compliance and monitoring processes and progress for pilot studies. Ensures compliance with sponsor, university, school and IRB policies
- Prepares and organizes regulatory submissions for pilot study protocols with all participating IRBs
- Oversees IRB compliance for funded pilot projects
- Navigates pilot teams across US through regulatory and compliance approval process within and between universities
- Responsible for direct communication with Penn IRB, site IRBs and other ethics committees.
- Monitor the progress of pilot projects, manage reporting, track outcomes, and implement change as needed. Identify and set up appropriate software tools to assist with pilot project management
- Work jointly with Center faculty to develop a strategic plan to identify and recruit potential collaborators. Engage with potential pilot awardees prior to selection and develop appropriate plans for leveraging center resources.
- Facilitate partnerships between the Center and members of the technology consortium, as well as with other external stakeholders.
- Lead, manage, and oversee the Center's engagement with industry partners, including the External and Internal Advisory Boards and the Technology Consortium.
Finance & Contracts - Provides daily financial management of pilot projects in collaboration with the Principal Investigator, manages study and core budgets including subcontracts
- Serves as key financial liaison with the Center Cores involved in the study and pilot awardees
- Manages and monitors project budgets and human subject payments in collaboration with Principal Investigator and business office.
- Analyzes and interprets financial statements and reports; prepares detailed reports for pilot awards; maintains audit ready project information.
- Reviews invoices and reconciles reports; maintains documentation of payments
- Oversees the management of sub-contracts jointly with the PI and the grants manager
- Collaborates with the Office of Research Services on annual Purchased Services Agreements (PSAs).
- Establishes Purchase Order Numbers.
- Designs and implements systems and procedures to maintain effective and efficient operations.
- Provides accurate Year End Review in collaboration with business office.
- Assists in the preparation of annual progress reports for the funding agencies.
Grant Management - Provides daily research protocol management and oversight of research in collaboration with the Principal Investigator
- Work with Grants Manager to oversee budget planning and spending for pilot studies
- Supervises daily operations of Center Cores ; ensuring quality execution of all study aspects and expected outcomes; and managing project workflow as required
- Serves as key administrative liaison with other Centers and the National Coordinating Center
- Builds effective professional relationships with all core leads and pilot study teams; ensures effective communication and professional relationships are developed and maintained.
- Assists pilot project teams during project start-up, daily operations and project close-down activities.
- Plans staff meetings with the PI, attends all investigator meetings and participates in all conference calls related to the Center to maintain current knowledge of all Center activities and initiatives
- Supervises the creation of a REDCAP database to evaluate Center activities, including longitudinal follow up.
Provides primary support for additional Center related activities and studies and other duties as assigned
- Coordinates documentation for grant applications (support letters, application sections)
- Drafts articles for publication to disseminate Center findings.
- Manages content of and access to internal research network drive to provide standardization and consistency.
- Supports School of Nursing ITS department in the development and 24/7 maintenance of project related online resources.
A Master's degree in business or health related field with at least 5-7 years of experience managing large projects or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong research background required with prior experience managing multi-site projects or a large Center. Knowledge of IRB coordination a must. Strong budget management experience needed with excellent analytical and organizational skills. Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines. Solid presentation and writing skills needed. Supervisory skills needed.
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels in a fast-paced environment using sound judgment and organizational savvy. Excellent writing skills essential. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with initiative and a results orientation. Must be a collaborative team player with the ability to work both independently and as part of a large team in partnership with PI. Strong PC related skills in MS Office and related database management; web content management; savvy technical user with social media skills. Occasional domestic travel.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
School of Nursing
$72,837.00 - $138,391.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family-whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement-and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Claire-M-Fagin-Hall/Administrative-Project-Manager--Penn-Nursing_JR00044109-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency