University of Idaho
Architectural & Engineering Services Project Manager
Division/College: Institutional Planning & Budget
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $82,750 or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The A&E Project Manager provides a wide range of architectural and engineering project design and project management services. Responsibilities include managerial and oversight services during all phases of planning, programming, design, and construction of major new facilities, major renovations, other renovations and remodeling, building maintenance and systems repair / replacement projects, exterior campus and site development projects, safety / security / ADA projects, feasibility studies and planning evaluations, technical infrastructure, and other projects. These duties require the use of a variety of project delivery methods and the effective management of contracted architectural, engineering, and construction services, including coordination with Local, State, and Federal code authorities and construction administration agencies.
- Professional degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Engineering, Landscape Architecture or closely related design-oriented field from an accredited institution.
- Simultaneously planning, organizing and executing numerous architectural and engineering projects and contracts at various stages of development.
- Maintaining project records; developing architectural or engineering programs; inspecting potential and active construction sites to ensure quality and conformance with design and specifications.
- Analyzing projects for code compliance; preparing and monitoring project budgets; evaluating emergent design and construction problems and recommending appropriate action.
- Coordinating groups and team efforts to produce successful project results; communicating skillfully both verbally and in writing; and establishing and maintaining effectively.
- General knowledge of: space utilization and planning principles; cost estimating techniques; preparation of construction contracts and documents; and analysis of plans and specifications for conformance with building codes and standards.
- General knowledge of building systems such as structural, plumbing, HVAC, mechanical, electrical, and site development systems.
- Experience (approximately three years) with a facilities design, construction, and/or project management group which provides for the maintenance and operation of a complex and diverse system of buildings and structures in support of the strategic goals of a larger institution or organization.
- Skilled in the use of computer applications commonly used in architecture, engineering, and landscape architecture (e.g., CADD, 3-D modeling and rendering, and web applications such as HTML.)
- Possession of current, valid State of Idaho professional registration or license in Architecture, Engineering, Landscape Architecture, or other related design field, or eligible for reciprocal registration as provided by Idaho Code.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
- Must possess: a valid motor vehicle operators license and be able to meet policy requirements for driving University vehicles.
Posting Number: SP003685P
Posting Date: 11/14/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
To receive first consideration, please submit a letter of qualification and current resume no later than December 12, 2022
In your letter of qualification, using details and examples, please address all of the required and preferred qualifications for this position and how your experience and skills align. The information provided in your letter of qualification will be used to determine eligibility for an interview and demonstrate your communications skills.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency