This ad is expired.
Business Analyst/Project Manager
New York Institute of Technology offers 90 undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in more than 50 fields of study, including computer science, data, and cybersecurity; biology and biomedical studies; architecture and design; engineering; health professions and medicine; IT and digital technologies; management; communications and marketing; education and counseling; and energy and sustainability. A nonprofit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institute of higher education, it welcomes more than 9,000 students worldwide. The university has campuses in New York City and Long Island, New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as programs around the world.
New York Tech embraces its mission to provide career-oriented professional education, give all qualified students access to opportunity, and support research and scholarship that benefits the larger world. More than 100,000 alumni comprise an engaged network of doers, makers, and innovators prepared change the world, solve 21st-century challenges, and reinvent the future.
For more information, visit nyit.edu.
The Business Analyst/Project Manager business process leadership, and functional and technical support to users of NYITs enterprise applications and decision support systems. S/he works with business partners to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for new/existing business processes, reporting and data analysis needs, and information systems enhancements. S/he provides project management support, process development oversight, and application implementation support including analysis, specifications, documentation, validation testing, and training.
- Determine needs by meeting with directors and managers to discuss goals, objectives, options, capabilities and cost/benefit.
- Analyze user needs and objectives in conjunction with specific administrative capabilities and restrictions.
- Assist with IT project support activities.
- Develop, implement and lead detailed project management plans aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of campus-wide enterprise applications and decision support systems.
- Consult with business users to define and create specifications for administrative system enhancements.
- Translate data integration and reporting needs into accurate development requirements, working within the boundaries of technical constraints.
- Act as a liaison between functional users, IT staff and third-party vendors to clarify requirements, resolve questions or identify tradeoffs between functionality and performance.
- Serve as an analyst regarding system design issues as well as represent the design team in meetings; provide input in determining project scope; define design parameters of the project in consultation with functional units.
- Consult with other IT staff concerning system capabilities and technology.
- Provide feasibility guidance and cost estimates as needed.
- Support, integrate, and maintain third party applications and enterprise applications that augment the Universitys existing ERP systems (Oracle E-Business Suite) and Student Information System (PeopleSoft Campus Solutions).
- Work with supervisor to assign priorities to requests and set direction for process and application development.
- Ensure that data standards, policies and procedures for maintaining data elements within the system are being consistently applied.
- In cooperation with the supervisor and other administrative staff, develop and implement reporting procedures for federal, state, and institutional reporting requirements.
- Develop and/or participate in various enterprise application training seminars, workshops and short courses; develop supporting end-user documentation.
- Other duties as needed by the department and defined by the supervisor.
Bachelor of Science required.
Masters degree preferred.
Information management, computer science or related discipline.
A minimum of 3 years advanced technical in a position of comparable complexity and scope.
Comparable success and work experience may be considered in lieu of advanced degree requirement.
Preference will be given to candidates who have IT systems experience and functional process knowledge in one or more higher ed business areas (e.g., finance, HR or student/admissions).
Exhibited background showing strong judgment and problem-solving skills needed.
Good technical and functional knowledge of ERP and SIS applications, and/or other complex administrative applications in support of various university business procedures required.
Must possess leadership and decision-making skills necessary to plan elements of applications development and/or implementation project, develop objectives & requirements justification, assign tasks to project members, and manage the overall project.
Proven technical competency in Microsoft Office products, Visio or other diagramming software, and project management tools is required.
Programming skills (including SQL) and experience with enterprise-level reporting and data visualization tools required; experience with Microsoft Power BI or SSRS desired.
Working knowledge of Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and/or MySQL database/utilities and tools is desired.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to communicate effectively with people at varying levels of digital and data fluency, and the ability to establish collaborative working relationships at all contact levels of the University is required.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to set priorities and work concurrently on multiple tasks and projects; ability to communicate progress/problems to appropriate personnel effectively.
Demonstrated passion for problem solving; strong project management skills and the proven ability to build trust and work well with all levels of management and technical staff.
Team player with excellent consulting skills and a fun, but professional presence required.
Excellent customer service skills and a high degree of integrity relative to computer security and confidentiality of information required.
Ability to work nights and weekends on an as-needed basis is required (infrequent).
Please submit cover letter & resume for consideration
New York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
To apply, visit https://careers-nyit.icims.com/jobs/2356/business-analyst-project-manager/job?in_iframe=1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency