This ad is expired.
(Hourly) Proctor/Special Project Assistant Pool
Closing Date/Time: 6/18/2021 4:59 PM Pacific
Salary: $16.39 Hourly
Location: Seattle, WA
The Disability Services (DS) office is seeking individuals to work as DS Assistants to proctor exams and classroom assignments for students with disabilities, and to assist with special projects. Locations include: South Seattle College, Georgetown, New Holly, and all AJAC locations.
A complete application will include:
- An attached resume
- An attached cover letter addressing how you meet the duties, responsibilities, and requirements for the position
- Contact information for three professional references
Notices to applicants:
1. You are applying to a part-time teaching pool that is open for one year. If you are selected for an interview, the college will contact you.
2. Please note that Seattle Colleges has moved to remote operations and will reopen pending public health guidance. Per CDC and WA Public Health directions, at this time we will be practicing social distancing and holding interviews virtually using video conference or teleconference options. As such, if you are selected for interview, please be prepared to hold your interview virtually.
Seattle Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Proctor exams and in-class assignments as needed
- Be present at all times during the administration of exam or assignment
- Clearly communicate instructions for the exam or assignment
- Respond carefully to questions without indicating correct answer
- If indicated, read all or portions of the test or assignment aloud
- If indicated, record answers for the student in writing or on computer
- Describe visual information as needed
- Work on special projects as needed, such as creating captions or description
Required Education, Experience, Abilities
- Computer skills, including MS Office
- Proficiency in reading and writing
- Experience working with people with disabilities
- Experience working in a higher-education setting
- Experience working with accessible technology including software and equipment
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sccd/jobs/2761223/hourly-proctor-special-project-assistant-pool
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency